No matter what you call it, Audience Persona, Marketing Persona, Customer Avatar or Buyer Persona, you need to know who are you selling to.
To ensure that you are generating targeted leads, you’ll need to deliver your content and campaigns to the right people. The recommendation is to build 3-5 different buyer personas. Later you can use the 80%-20% rule to identify the 20% targeted audience that can generate 80% of your company’s revenue.
What Is a Buyer Persona / Audience Persona?
A buyer persona is a representation of your ideal targeted customer, drawn from detailed audience research.
The Persona will help you:
- Understand who your buyers are (demographic, behaviour Patterns, motivations, goals, values)
- Where they hang out online
- What are their needs regarding your produce/service
- How to address your different potential clients groups (that will buy your service/product for different reasons)
- How to tailor content and campaigns to answer customer-specific needs
- Determine what kind of content and Ad Creative you need
- How to build an effective communication and sales strategy
- Minimize your workload as you focus on the right audience at a time
- Increase marketing ROI (Return on Investment)
How to gather information for Buyer Persona?
There are many ways to conduct audience research.
- Talk to your clients
- Make a survey
- Search the web
- Research Social Media
- Read market reports
- Read competitors blogs
Learn Your Audience
Buyer Persona Research Checklist
- Family status
- Children (yes/no, ages)
- The country they were born
- Location (city/suburban)
- Education level
- Household income
- Homeowner / renter
- Type of mobile device they own
- Job Title/ Job level
- Job responsibilities
- Size of company
- Years of experience
- Years in the current job
- Professional background
- What can be considered as success in the position
- Special skills needed for the position
- Tools required for their position
- To whom do they report / who reports to them
- Job frustrations
- Job enjoyments
- Visiting industry events/conferences
- The typical workday of your buyer persona
- The time they spend at work vs. time at home
- Things they do for fun
- Type of vehicle they own
- Computer literacy and abilities
- Blogs, news and social media pay attention to
- Primary goal
- Other goals they have
- Steps they take in achieving those goals
- Bucket list
- The biggest challenge (the one preventing the main goal)
- Other challenges
- Things they have done in the past to conquer the challenges
- Looking at the past, what could they have done differently
Decision Maker related to your product/service
- Others involved in the buying process
- Others that consult or advise your persona
Values/fears associated with the product/service
- Primary values
- Common fears they have related to your product/service
- What makes them nervous when purchasing your product/service
- What makes them angry when purchasing a product/service like yours
Product/service specific questions
- Why do they need your product/service
- The benefits they can get from your product/service (compare it to similar products in the market)
- Why would they choose to buy from you?
- How do they research for new product/service like yours
- What questions do they ask before buying your kind of product (Is it priced fair?, do I need it?, can I afford it? are there any better similar products? is it a trusted company? what is the return policy?
- How can they find your business?
- Is it important for them to get good deals?
- How do they prefer to interact during the buying process of a product like yours?
- The worst customer experience they had while buying something similar
- Can they be repeating customers
- How do they like to pay for a product/service like yours?
Next step: build your business Audience Persona
For the best experience, use Google Chrome in a large desktop window.
Need help with your Audience Persona? You have come to the right place! Complete this short form, and we will get back to you with quality consultation, at no cost.
The importance of using a professional digital marketing agency
In order to enjoy all the benefits that Digital Marketing can give, you will probably have to use the services of a skilled and experienced professional in the digital marketing field.
Although some platforms are considered easy-to-use, an experienced, knowledgeable professional marketing agency will have in-depth knowledge. They will be able to translate your requirements and needs and make sure that your strategy meets all of these.
Our agency specialized in building websites, SEO, SEM, SMM, Email marketing and content monetization since 2012. We will help you from the first step of setting the goals and make sure all is tailored to your business requirements and needs.
We offer the whole package: strategy planning, consultation, development and execution. Contact us today.